Monday, July 14, 2008


Well, Logan and I are back from Italy. What an amazing trip!! It was unbelievably hard, hot and NOT like home, but amazing!! There were plenty of days when I wondered how much it would cost to fly home early. But I am so glad we stayed!! We saw and did things that we could never do here. We learned to push ourselves. We learned so many neat and interesting things. I love history!! And we made some fantastic life-long Christian friends!!
It started off on Thursday, June 26. We met up with the rest of our group at Bush Intercontinental. One part of our group came from Alabama, the other part came from Tennessee. There was some bad weather that day so our plane was stuck in San Antonio. The Alabama group was stuck in College Station, and on their plane, for hours. Our flight was only delayed by two hours. However, our layover in Paris was only 50 minutes. By the time we finally got out of Paris it was after 6 pm on Friday, instead of 9:30 am. By the time we got on our tour bus in Milan and finally got to our hotel in Venice, it was after midnight.
When we got to Milan we were met by our awesome tour director, Lara. She ended up being our friend by the time it was all said and done. She was having to stay on our case to be on time and I know that wore her out. But she was sweet despite all that. We also had our wonderful bus driver, Maurizio. He took us everywhere in a brand new and very luxurious bus. It was a wonderful reprieve at the end of very long, very hot days full of walking and filling our brains.
There's so much to tell, but I'll spread it out over several days.
I did get some knitting done on the trip. I had started a market bag before I left because it was mindless knitting and I was too nervous to think about anything complex. I also worked on, and finished, a sock I started a year ago. I'm now pretty far into the 2nd sock. I'll show pictures of it all another day.
Shama D
Loving Italy and my Italy friends, but so glad to be home!!

No comments: