Monday, October 06, 2008

Not Another Manic Monday

I don't hate Mondays...It's the day we start back to our school week. I know the boys would prefer to play XBox Live all day, but I love our school time together. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but every day with my boys is a good day!!!

Last Thursday was a particularly long school day for us. We all overslept and started school very late. I decided that we all need to get up a little earlier. So I got on up at 6:30 this morning, did my usual things and got on the bicycle. My plan is to be ready to start when Chuck leaves for work about 9.

On Friday, Chuck and the boys cleaned up all the fallen branches from Ike out of our back yard. Now the trash sitting on our curb waiting to be picked up, whenever that might be.
In the front yard breaking limbs down for pick-up
Chuck sawing bigger branches

We just had a very relaxing weekend at home.

Mostly, I've just got knitting to talk about. I started a teddy bear for my youngest nephew. I knit one for his brother along with a box full of knitted things before he was born. But my brother and SIL got pregnant the second time when their older one was 7 months old. This poor baby has only gotten a blanket from me. I found a really cute bear in Son of SnB. The one in the book is called Deady Bear. It's really gross because it's a teddy being stung to death by a bee. But I'm going to knit eyes instead of x's and no bee or pool of blood!! I'm knitting him out of Bernat Camouflage in Baby Camo. I'm trying to find a good contrast yarn for the tummy and muzzle.

While I was at Hobby Lobby I found some red, white, and blue yarn in I Love This Yarn. We're all going to have hats for the election. (Even though we'll vote early)

The next thing I have OTN (on the needles) is the red and black fair isle skull cap from Sonf of SnB for Logan. I haven't gotten very far on it.

The last thing is the Invisibility Cloak from Charmed Knits in a chenille yarn I got at an alpaca farm. It's a lightweight yarn. I started it for a friend of mine that's getting married. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.

The other thing I have going on is I've started a knitting group for ladies at church. I only have one confirmed for tonight. I only sent out the email after worship yesterday morning so hopefully we can get more people there next month.

Knit On and more later!!
Shama D

No comments: