Monday, July 06, 2009

I Need to Blog again!!

I haven't blogged at all since January. At that time I promised to blog at least twice a week. My excuse??? I think it's a valid one. This was the last year for me to homeschool my older son. It seemed like I worked my butt off from January 'til the day we had the graduation reception. I barely had time to sleep, muchless blog! I could write for 2 weeks about all that I did during that time but I'll give you the abbreviated version. I painted the trim in the game room, painted my bedroom, painted the stairwell (a much harder job than I'd thought), and finally I pulled down wallpaper in the kitchen, dining room, and entry, textured the walls, and painted! Thankfully, Logan was there to help me, especially with taking down the wallpaper!!
Also during that time I started a big special project for Logan's graduation project. He loves Harry Potter so I decided to use all the dishcloth, scarf, and other patterns online to make squares for a Harry Potter blanket. I knit it in strips, like scarves, and attached each strip together. The night before graduation I think I slept about 3 hours trying to put the strips together. I got up and worked on it for several more hours. I got it all put together, but it didn't have a border. I have since put on a border, but it's still curling really badly! I will probably cut it off and try something different - eventually.
Here are a couple of pictures:
Harry Potter blanket 3
Logan cozied up under his HP blanket!!!  YAY!!!
Here's Logan relaxing on the couch with his blanket and a Route 44 Vanilla Dr Pepper.


Recently a girl on my online knitting group asked if we were process or project knitters. It got me thinking about a few things. I honestly can't decide which I am. I love everything about it!! I love casting on for a new project

No comments: